If there is anything we have learned in our 18+ years of helping people, it’s the fact
that the more we give to those in need, the more donations we receive back.
If you are one of those donors, Thank You.
Not exactly Luke 6:38 but we believe it's a God thing! | Why we do what we do: Matthew 25:34-46
Download PDF file on giving
HRH-HHOOT has been an IRS 501 (c)(3) since August 2008.
VSC has been an IRS 501 (c)(3) since January 2014
Learn how you can Volunteer & Donate to HHOOT's Distribution Center below.
|Getting It To & From Our Warehouse
Don Hawkins started working with Indiana's Prisons, Work Release Centers, Community Corrections Corp., GEO, Liberty Hall, Jails, Inmates, and ExOffenders in 2002 and has volunteered and worked on Community Advisory Boards, prison ministries, clothes drives, electronics drives, mentoring, etc. Mr. Hawkins started HRH in 2006 and incorporated Homeless & ReEntry Helpers, Inc. (HRH) in 2008
and Helpers Helping Others Outreach Team (HHOOT) in 2011)
and has been serving/helping Indy's Homeless, ExOffenders & Veterans since then. In 2011 HRH Partnered with the Mayors' Advisory Council for Veterans (MACV) to help with the Mayor's first "Veterans Appreciation Day" event at the American Legion Mall. In 2014, when Veterans Support Council, Inc. (VSC) was formed, HRH was its second Partner (MACV was the first). Since then, VSC & HRH have shared and maintained warehouse space to help those in need including Indy's Veterans, Military, and their Families.
Below are pictures of our current warehouse and just some of the many partners, donors, volunteers, and ministries that help VSC & HRH help those in need through HHOOT's Distribution Center.
|Suppliers, Events, and Partners HRH-HHOOT & VSC Supports, and Shares Resources with:
- Second Helpings
- Midwest Food Bank
- Lions Club
- CVS Distribution Center
- Horizon Fellowship - Summer Camp
- Helping Heroes of America Bike Ride
- Mayors' Veterans Appreciation Day
- Marine Corps League
- HVAF's Standdown
- VVA - Vietnam Veterans of America
- IN Legislative Day
- IN War Memorial meetings
- DAV - Disabled American Vets
- Honor and Help
- Southpost Key Club - backpacks for seniors & the homeless
- Downtown Indy on the Circle - clothing & food drive to help Indy's homeless
(Revised 6Mar21 at 0855)
Partners & Providers:
- AL -American Legion Post #497
- AL -American Legion Post #34
- Brown Bag Ministries - Street Outreach
- Changing Footprints - South
- Cornerstone Luthern Church
- Country Side Nursing Homes
- Crane House for Women
- DAV - DIsabled American Veterans
- Dove Recovery House for Women
- Easterseals Crossroads
- Family First
- FIDO - Pet Food Pantry
- Fletcher Place Community Center
- Food4Soul – Street Outreach
- Glory Baptist Church
- Good News Mission
- Habitat for Humanity - Work Crews
- Helping Heroes of America
- Horizon House - Day Center
- Humble Impressions
- HVAF - Hoosier Veterans and Families
- IFD - Fire Houses
- IMPD - District Offices
- Indy Vet House
- Indy Veterans.com
- Julian Center for Women
- Lady of Lords Cub Scout Pack
- Martin Center
- Mustard Seed
- Nest Christian Youth Center
Partners & Providers (cont.):
- Officer David Moore Food Pantry
- Old Bethel Food Pantry
- Our Shepherd Lutheran Church
- Onyx Team - Street Outreach
- Outreach, Inc.
- Pathway to Recovery
- Power of God Ministries
- Pride Academy Child Care
- Progress House
- Servant's Heart – Street Outreach
- Shepherd Community Center
- Southeastern Community Center
- St Vincent de Paul
- Third Phase Women’s Shelter
- Union Auto Worker #933
- Vet to Vet
- VFW - Post #98
- VFW - Post #1587
- VFW - Post #2587
- VFW - Post #2839
- VFW - Post #7119
- Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans
- Wheeler Mission - Men-on Delaware
- Wheeler Mission - Men-on Ohio
- Wheeler Mission - Women-on Michigan
|Above is a partial list of organizations and agencies that HRH, HHOOT & VSC have been working with for years in one way or another. We all share what we get so nothing goes to waste from the donations we collectively receive from our suppliers, vendors and donors.
|Monthly Donors that are Helping HRH-HHOOT & VSC keep going
- Don Hawkins
- General Carol Mutter
- Charlie Kootz
- Clare Osborn
- JL Hair Rentals
- Ann B Adcook
- Veterans Support Council. Inc.
- American Legion Post #510
- Paul Norton & Hal Daniels
- Andrea & the Kids (Brown Bag)
- Patrick Sweeney
- Thomas Bromstrup
- Barry Styles
- Humble Impressions
- Gordon Smith
- American Legion Post #276
- Paul (Ponytail) Cauley & G.G. Bedwell
In Memoriam of Mark Cauley
Below are earlier pictures from HRH & HHOOT's warehouse & HHOOT's Diner. HRH & HHOOT served hot meals (averaging from 75 to 90 people per meal, 7 days a week from 3-6 PM) plus handed out clothing, and personal hygiene items to our homeless friends for over ten years at our old location on E. Michigan St. before we lost our lease in the Spring of 2017.
In the Summer of 2017, we moved to our new 6,500 sqft warehouse at 2457 E. Washington St. where we continued the clothing and personal hygiene giveaway program. A few months later we added services that offered Veterans organizations, street ministries and professional agencies, with water, sodas, Gatorade, chips, snacks, non-perishable food items, and other things they could distribute to our homeless friends and others in need.
|How You Can Help HHOOT's Disttribution Center
|Donate Cash, Check, or Credit Card to HHOOT's Distribution Center (HRH-HHOOT & VSC's Partnership) in one of three ways:
- Thru PayPal - Just go to the section below, click on the "Donate" button and follow the instructions.
- By Mail - Send your check or money order, payable to HRH-HHOOT" to 2457 E Washington St, Suite F, Indianapolis, IN 46201 USA. Please make sure you make a note on your check or money order for what your payment is to be used for.
- Drop Off - Bring your cash or check (made payable to HRH-HHOOT) to any MACV or VSC meeting.
|Use PayPal to Donate to HHOOT's Distribution Center (HDC)
Donations to HHOOT's Distribution Center go to HRH-HHOOT and not VSC.
To Donate to VSC-MACV click here.
Thru PayPal - Make your one-time Donation, or an ongoing monthly Donation to suppport HDC through our HRH-HHOOT's PayPal account. HRH-HHOOT has been an IRS 501 (c)(3) since August 2008. Just click on the "Donate" button bwlow & follow the instructions.
By Mail - Make your check or money order payable to "HRH-HHOOT" and mail to: 2457 E Washington St, Suite F, Indianapolis, IN 46201
|Donate Clothing, Hygiene & Non-Perishable Food Items
You can also Donate Food, Clothing and Personal Hygiene items to HRH-HHOOT & VSC to help our Homeless Friends and Veterans:
HHOOT's Distribution Center for Street Outreach is located at 2457 E Washington St, Suite F, Indianapolis, IN 46201.
Please make deliveries to our warehouse "behind" 30 S Temple Ave (click here for map).
(S Temple Ave is one block West of Rural St on E Washington St., Turn South on S Temple Ave and go to the end of the street, turn right inside of the gate.)
|Please Download HRH & VSC's
Flyer and Distribute to Your Group.
Please call HHOOT's Distribution Center at (317) 632-0500 if you have any questions. Download HRH & VSC's Flyer here.
||Do You Want to Help Veterans,
ExOffenders & the Homeless?
Help Us Collect What They Need, including socks, underware, shirts, sweatshirts, pants, jackets, coats, personal hygiene Items, blankets, non-perishable food items, etc.
Call (317) 632-0500 to have a "Donation Barrel" delivered to your Place of Business, Veterans Post, or Office today!